Thursday, October 28, 2010

Roger Vivier- Making a woman feel sexy for over 50 years- The man, The myth, The shoe Legend

There comes a time in every woman's life when you see that perfect sandal, boot or stiletto in a store window it gets you so excited that you would have forgotten what you were doing and why you were even walking down that street. The shoe speaks to you on so many levels, for me that was in 2008 walking down the street in Paris in the Champs Elysees on rue de Faubourg Saint-Honor`e. Seeing Roger Vivier's shoes was such magnificent feeling, I wondered what rock I was living under why I had never heard of Roger Vivier.
I immediately dropped all my shopping bags and headed into the store to try on a pair and they fit my feet like a glove and spoke words to me like the ones you hear when you fall in love for the first time. His collection spoke to me in such high volumes because its fun, flirty, full of life and allos you to wear Roses on your feet! whats better than. His color pallet had some of my favorite colors and everyone knows I love color, it always makes me feel alive. These are the perfect shoes that can be worn if you are jetsetter from Paris, Milan, New York City, Shanghai or London they translate in every city. I love that you can wear his pieces to work or to a cocktail party. Thats the best when a shoe is wearable from day til night.

Roger Vivier's started his company at the age of 30 years on the rue Royale in 1954 when he invented the stileto. His glamourous style and flair was immedistely embaraced by celebrities and designers such as Bidget Bardot, Liz Taylor, Christian Dior and Yves Saint Lauren. In 2002 Bruno Frisoni became the creative director keeping the lines very modern, full of life while maintaining his buckle signature.

you can check out his Fall/Winter 2010 collection at www.rogervivier.com

Here are some of his pieces, take a look and enjoy. If your lucky enough to own a pair you will know exactly how special you feel when you wear a pair.